Natural Dyeing Course
learn the MAGIC hidden in your kitchen scraps & herbs
The course that will take you on a journey to learn and understand the beauty of the natural dyeing process.
Mastering the ancient craft of Natural Dyeing
Join me as I walk you through every step it takes to become a confident dyer!
From learning all the techniques to opening your eyes to the MAGIC of the slow process of this beautiful and sometimes unpredictable craft.
This course will provide you with the TOOLS to learn and practice natural dyeing with food scraps as well as connecting with the materials and understanding how food can be a great resource, not only to nourish ourselves.
By the end of this course, you will become a confident DYER ready to experiment with your own ingredients & style.
The course will run for four weeks, each week a new module will be released. You will be learning, not only all the principals and techniques of natural dyeing, but you will get my one to one email support for the whole duration of the course, if you need it.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- All the principals and techniques of natural dyeing with plant based ingredients on various fabrics, yarns & materials
- Different ways to mordant (pre-treat) your fabrics & yarns
- All the tips and tricks to get consistent results, as much as natural dyeing allows
- How to store your ingredients and which ones give the best result
- How to record your work and start your personal natural dyeing journal
- How and when to break the rules (aka you'll be encouraged to experiment and have lots of fun!)
- How to enjoy the slow process of this craft and the hidden magic
- To be confident to continue your natural dyeing journey on your own
By the end of the course, you'll have all the foundation and confidence to experiment with different materials, ingredients and customize your own projects!
"I am really fascinated about the many possibilities plants and nature give us to be creative. I love to see all the different colors and shades that you can create with natural dyeing and I really wanted to learn it too.
Your course really was a great way to step into natural dyeing. It was not only very fun and exciting, but also a very good course structure to learn everything in detail.
For me, it was a great surprise to see my collected pine cones turned out light pink when dyeing with them. I didn’t expect this earlier and it made me very curious to experiment with different dyeing material. Maybe, I will be able to create my own cloth with natural dyed fabrics and definitely will be trying out more dyeing in the future. It really got me ;) ."
-Nikki, creative maker- Germany
"Isabella opened up my eyes to the wonders of natural fabric dyeing! She was enthusiastic and her warm nurturing teaching style made learning so much fun! I can’t wait to experiment on my own!”
- Sandra Lim, Plant-based Chef